Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yum....

Today Dale brought home all kinds of goodies from the farmer's market. Fresh collard greens, okra, beets, and lemon basil. For dinner we feasted on fried okra, collard greens, cornbread, ham, and mashed potatoes. It was an amazing dinner and I had every intention of taking pictures of this fine feast but it was gone before I could get my camera.
For my collard greens and my fried okra I used recipes from Paula Deen. Her recipes never disappoint. I have included the links to these recipes below and I highly recommend them.
As most of you know I am still learning the ropes in the kitchen and today I actually felt I faired well. It was extremely rewarding to watch the fruits of my labor get gobbled up by my loved ones. So much so that I cant wait for dinner tomorrow.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/collard-greens-recipe/index.html
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/fried-okra-recipe/index.html
As Paula Deen would say, "Best Dishes Ya'll"

No comments: