Monday, December 15, 2008

Tis the Season of Giving!


Lucas is gearing up this year for his annual head shaving for St. Baldricks. Last year Lucas shaved his head for our friend Will and raised over $600 dollars. This year he is sadly shaving his head in memory of Will, as Will lost his fight in November.
Please find it in your heart to donate to this worthy cause. Or better yet, find an event and start a team!
Will's passing has had more of an effect on me than I could have ever known. I think about him and his family all the time. It has caused me to rethink my life and how I live it. I am constantly reminded that life is not forever and that any day could be our last. I now how the constant fear of something happening to my boys. I worry every minute. My fear is so strong that I make excuses so that they don't leave my side. And even though this tragic event has instilled such fear it has taught me to love a little stronger, hug a little tighter, and live every moment like it were your last.

No comments: