Thursday, August 7, 2008

My In-laws

Two years ago my mother-in-law moved into an assisted living facility in Naperville. A very expensive facility. My husband and I were against this from the beginning, suggesting that she moved into a facility that takes public-aid so that once her money ran out the transition would be easier for her. We were outvoted. Well today I received an email from my brother-in-law Chris stating that she has no money and she can no longer remain in Naperville and that he and Andy (brother-in-law #2) decided that it would be best if my husband, Dale, and I take her in. Of course.... Don't listen to our advice and then stick us with her! I cannot take care of her. I have enough to take care of with work and kids. She requires 24 hour care and has already set my couch on fire 3 Thanksgiving ago. Not to mention that the last time she needed looking after she stayed with us for 6-7 weeks. I was very pregnant and working and Chris and Andy couldn't even come and take her for a weekend. Dale and I were arguing and finally he ended up dropping her off at Andy's house. She lasted 2 days there and Andy had her bags packed and settled into her new home.
Dale and I are trying very hard to make ends meet and find new jobs. We are already stressed enough and this is the icing on the cake. I spent ALL day on the phone trying to get her signed up with Pubic-aid and got no where. Chris was supposed to have filed for this months ago. Ughhhh....

No comments: